Saturday 7 August 2010

Janelle Monáe declares "Cold War"

It took me a while to give Janelle Monáe a listen after reading a lot about her. I dont know what made me hesitate but once I gave her a chance, I was struck by her obvious talent and artistry. Yes, she is different but different does not mean you are good. But Janelle is more than good. "Tightrope" is such an exquisite song that just made me wanna dance. Now, Monáe comes up with the second single from her album "The ArchAndroid" - and it is another great offering. The video for "Cold War" which you can see below doesnt thrill me very much. I think it is kind of daring to make a video which forces viewers to watch your face for a whole song. The inevitable tear doesnt make it any better. But maybe thats just me. However, the simplicity of the video made me concentrate on the song even more. It is really infectious and intense. I guess I now have to check out the whole album by Ms. Monáe :)

Watch "Cold War" here:

No comments:

Post a Comment